Suicide Safe is a suicide prevention learning tool for primary care and behavioral health providers and is based on the nationally recognized Suicide Assessment Five-step Evaluation and Triage (SAFE-T) practice guidelines. Suicide Safe helps providers feel confident to assist patients who present with suicidal ideation. The app offers tips on how to communicate effectively with patients and their families, determine appropriate next steps, and make referrals to treatment and community resources.
• Learn the five steps of the SAFE-T approach in working with patients and easily download resources for use offline.
• Study interactive sample case studies to see the SAFE-T approach in action.
• Browse conversation starters that provide sample language and tips for talking with patients about their suicidal ideation.
• Explore clinical and educational resources and share crisis line phone numbers and other patient-focused materials.
• Use SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator to provide timely referrals for patients. The Locator can be filtered by type and distance.
Email SAMHSA at [email protected] with any questions or comments.
Note: This app is a free resource provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and was funded by Federal resources.